Living in Delhi according to many is tough and tiring. Being the capital and one of the busiest cities in India, Delhi is truly a glorious city to live in. Though being re-built a lot of times it still stands firm and strong holding its culture and heritage in place like any ancient city.
Delhi is home to more than 19 million people who wake up everyday with a dream to make big in this city and they do !!
Its rightly said that “ dilli hai dilwaalon ki “, we dilliwaalas love to show off the stuff and things that make our Delhi loved and popular, lets discuss some of those things now :
• The public transport which includes DTC buses which now run on CNG are eco friendly and is the most coherent means of public transport, otherwise the good friend Uber is always there to take you out and about in the city and believe you me its much cheaper than even an auto rickshaw.
• The Delhi Metro is something that makes not only Delhi but the whole country proud because of its propensity to connect all the important areas of the city making commute easy and comfortable for delhites.
• Being diverse in its culture, Delhi is diverse in cuisines and food also. Go for authentic mughlai or bona fide south indian, the city will never disappoint you in treating your taste buds. The kebabs, the holy street food and the sweets will definitely make you drool over.
• Looking for some budget shopping as well as gorging on some great food, head to old Delhi’s famous Chandni Chowk. From glass bangles to authentic spices.. from dry fruits to cloth material you will find everything here and apart from that a long day of shopping can end by treating yourself with some crispy jalebis or deep fried paranthas which are mouth watering. Other markets adding to Delhi’s charm are Lajpat Nagar, Sarojini Nagar as well as Connaught Place which making them a tourists’ delight.
• Want to go for some bar hopping… Delhi won’t disappoint you as you will find a lot of pubs and bars in places like Hauz Khas Village..the young generation is often found partying here.
• Pretty afternoons can be spend in Delhi’s sprawling and alluring parks like Lodhi garden, Nehru Park as well as Raj Ghat.
• Delhi is candidly incredible as the ancient monuments still find solace in the heart of the great city, the mughal heritage is safe in the form of Qutab Minar, Purana Quila, Jama Masjid and Humayun’s Tomb. We delhites know how to preserve and protect our heritage.
• The traffic of Delhi is quite famous as you will witness a lot of rash drivers , cows and what not on Delhi roads but that experience is also worth a try.
The transformation of Delhi over the years not only makes the people of Delhi overjoyed but also puts us ahead in front of many other cities on the global map. Delhi definitely fulfills many dreams everyday !!