For many of us, our day starts with coffee and ends with coffee. Coffee reduces depression as well as helps us to improve concentration. But sometimes caffeine can be a problem for our health. Coffee has its share of pros and cons. So let’s have a look at its pros
- Coffee is rich with Antioxidants prevent heart diseases.
- It contains some essential nutrients like Vitamin B2, Magnesium, Phosphorous, and Folate.
- Caffeine is the stimulant which enhances brain function as well as increases metabolism.
- Caffeine stops the function of an inhibitory neurotransmitter, adenosine, in turn, reducing tiredness. But these all effects are short term.
- Coffee without milk and sugar burn calories
- Alzheimer disease is the neurodegenerative disease and a leading cause of dementia while Parkinson is the neurodegenerative disease and caused by the death of dopamine-generating neurons in the brain. Coffee, thus, protects the brain in old age reducing the risk of these diseases about 65% and 60% for Alzheimer and Parkison respectively
- Coffee helps to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. And liver diseases to a great extent.
- Coffee drinkers are less likely to be depressed or commit suicide.
And now cons
- Coffee can alter your sleeping habits, disrupting your sleep.
- It's can make you jittery and anxious eventually worsening it to panic attacks
- If you are used to few cups of coffee in a day and suddenly stop that, you may suffer withdrawal like headache, irritability or tiredness.
- Frequent urination can be caused due to coffee
- Coffee triggers rheumatoid arthritis
- Its causes loss in bone density in postmenopausal women
After reading this we all would be in the dilemma that whether to have a cup of coffee or not? And here’s your answer that yes you can surely have your cup of coffee but limit them. Thus will help you to kickstart your day and keep it in the limit. No more no less!!
So tell us how this article turned out to be for you and share your views