In IO candidate has to cross over around 10 obstacles placed in series within 3 minutes. As a candidate move further from one obstacle to another complexity goes on increasing. The obstacles are not that risky in nature but are challenging one.
Following are the different type of obstacles in INDIVIDUAL OBSTACLES: -
- Swinging on ropes.
- Jump to a ditch from a risen platform.
- Jumping over some vertical barrier.
- Climbing a wall.
- Walk over nylon net.
- Walking over a belly.
- Walking over a beam.
- Climbing through a vertical rope.
- Coming down through a vertical rope. Thus, With the individual obstacle, GTO judges various OLQ’s in a candidate like ENDURANCE, CONFIDENCE, STAMINA AND INITIATIVE
PROCEDURE FOR INDIVIDUAL OBSTACLE
- The candidate bearing first chest no. in the group will be called first by the GTO and he can stand near to any obstacle from where he wants to start.
- Then, GTO will instruct him to start by blowing his whistle, after 2.5 minutes GTO will again blow his whistle which is to indicate the Candidate who is currently doing the obstacle that half a minute is still left and the next candidate will stand near to the obstacle from where he wants to starts.
- As soon as the full 3 minutes gets over then GTO blows his whistle twice to indicate the first candidate to stop doing the tasks as his time is over now and indicates to the next candidate that his time starts now. So, there exists no gap between two candidates doing the task.
- If GTO blows his whistle twice and a candidate is still doing the task then he must leave the task as it is and move out of ground or as instructed by the GTO.
It is to be noted that in Individual Obstacle a candidate gets a liberty to repeat any obstacle of his choice (only once) if he/she has successfully completed all the given 10 obstacles. For successfully completing the ten obstacles he will be awarded full 55 marks and if he repeats any obstacle say obstacle no. 10 and 8. Then his score will automatically increase to 73(55+10+8). Hence, it always suggested repeating the obstacle which remains close to the candidate.
1. GROUP DISCUSSION
2. GROUP PLANNING EXERCISE
3. PROGRESSIVE GROUP TASK
4. HALF GROUP TASKS
5. COMMAND TASK
7. INDIVIDUAL OBSTACLES
8. GROUP OBSTACLE RACE/ SNAK RACE
9. FINAL GROUP TASKS
Cick here to watch the video of the Individual Task
Video Credits-Olive greens